The Cardinal Freeman Village is a retirement facility focused on lifestyle choice. After the successful redevelopment of Stages 1 & 2 for Stockland Developments, Taylor is currently in the process of constructing Stage 3. The initial two stages involved construction of 97 new independent living units, an underground carpark, a generous open landscaped space, new community facilities and restoration of historic buildings.
Stage 3 is the final phase which will complete the village redevelopment. The project comprises removal of the existing residential quarters to allow for construction of a further 106 independent living units over buildings 5, 6 and 7 of the village. Works also involve construction of a new underground carpark, internal road adjustments, new ceremonial driveway, associated gardens, re-installation of preserved heritage gate and integration works with the existing village.
The project is split into two stages:
- Construction of Buildings 5 & 6 – independent living apartments on a shared podium.
- Final completion of the new central road.
- Completion of Clissold Lane.
- Completion of the Village Green.
- Construction of Building 7 – independent living apartments on a basement.
- Construction of the Heritage Gardens.