Taylor have recently engaged in an ECI phase to assist Uniting with their new state-of-the-art aged care home and independent living village in Westmead.
The early works comprises two phases to be delivered in two separable portions which will include the decanting of existing buildings that are to be demolished in preparation for the design and construct works.
Phase 1 includes the decanting of Lackey Lodge and the refurbishment of the existing RACF building, which will include:
- Conversion of rooms 18,19 & 20 into a new commercial kitchen
- Conversion of room 15 into a lounge room
- Decommissioning of existing building 8 kitchen equipment to be re-used in the new kitchen
- Existing lounge to be converted into a new dining room
Phase 2 will include:
- Demolition of existing building 8, Lackey Lodge and the Frank Gibb hostel building
- Modifications of the RACF basement carpark to allow for additional parking
- New bitumen surface and line for staff and visitor parking
- New ambulance bay to be located in the area of Lackey Lodge and the Frank Gibb hostel building site area
- Site services diversions
- Bulk excavation to buildings A & B
Taylor are currently working through the ECI phase to value manage the cost of the project for the Stage 1 Main Works. The main works package will include two buildings, Block A and B. Block A is a new 6 storey building with 2 levels of basement and consists of 114 aged care home places, a dementia day centre, multi-functional spaces, wellness centre, staff administration, village shops and ancillary spaces. Block B will include a 6 storey building with one level of basement, 36 mixed independent living units, early learning centre and basement parking adjoining building A & B.
Early Works - $7 million