– An automated system that can be easily raised and lowered, enhancing visibility for audiences.
– Tiered platforms needed by orchestras with capacity to extend or retract into the auditorium, making room for more rows of seating.
– Dedicated rooms and a walkway, the central catwalk, installed above the ceiling which safely houses the new machinery and provides greater access for maintenance and operations.
– Installation of 174 tonnes of new structural steel (equal to more than 100 cars), placement of 720 tonnes of new reinforced concrete, and installation of 300 kilometres of cable. This included 44 tonnes of hot pink steel to mark the difference between primary and secondary steel.
– Service upgrades and matching finishes on new concrete and timber to blend in with the original materials in a considered and appropriate way.
All Concert Hall images by Daniel Boud