As part of the Zoo’s plan to continually improve their animal habitats and enhance the visitor experience, this revitalisation project will provide people with the opportunity to learn more about our wildlife, the threats Australian species face and be inspired to conserve the environment.
The Taronga Wildlife Retreat will provide a new overnight conservation experience for visitors which will wrap around a native wildlife sanctuary and nestle within the new Australia Habitat.
Key features of the Wildlife Retreat include:
- 62 rooms across 5 accommodation buildings (pods) nestled into the landscape, ranging between two and four storeys in height and connected by elevated walkways;
- A standalone guest lodge with an external deck overlooking the wildlife sanctuary, and
- A new kitchen and dining room adjacent to the existing Taronga Function Centre.
Key features of the new Native Australian Wildlife exhibit include:
- Kangaroo and Platypus exhibits and a walkthrough aviary
- A walkthrough ‘sanctuary exhibit’ containing native Australian wildlife
- A new exhibit pedestrian pathway and public viewing platform
Additional Information: https://taronga.org.au/about-us/building-better-zoo/taronga-zoo
Taronga Conservation Society Australia